peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

I have a 2008 mazda 6. i bought the car at auction and they

Customer Question

i have a 2008 mazda 6. i bought the car at auction and they were suppose to send the navigation software with my title and didnt. i purchased a cd from the mazda site and when i try to get it to load it says error{unsupported format}. could give me step by step instructions on what i need to do to get it to load. i have had the car close to 2 yrs and still have not been able to use navigation system. it is a indash aftermarket item made by denso
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases a dealer can order in and provide the incorrect disk.The first thing that needs done is to contact the dealer with the part number off of the disk and have them check to see if this is the correct one for your model and if it is not then to see if they can obtain the correct one.If this was already checked into and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is the correct part number. i ordered it from mazda. and i doubled checked it my self. what i think is going on is that the gps is trying to read the sd card instead of the disk and i have tried everything to swap it to disk t no avail. do you know how to swap it to read the disk instead of the sd card. i might be wrong but have tried everything else. like i said the disk when you try to load it says somthing to the effect of unrecongnized format.

Unfortunately my info is not showing how this is installed on this model here properly but someone else here may be able to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete