Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Mazdaspeed 6 and I recently replaced the fuel

Customer Question

I have a Mazdaspeed 6 and I recently replaced the fuel injectors along with the high pressure fuel line due to me ruining the o-ring seal when I put it all back together. Was having an issue with no crank at all when tried to start. Went to bed, tried to start again in the AM and it cranked over but will not stay running. Not sure where to start??????
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: Probably been sitting for 2 months as it took almost a month to get the injectors and for me to read enough on line to feel good enough to try it on my own. I don't smell gas since I replace the fuel line that was leaking.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT w/150K mileage. I was having a Cylinder 4 misfire code which is what lead me to believe that the fuel injectors needed replacement. Concerned now that it could've been my fuel rail or HPFP.......ugh!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes hoping to, but getting a little discouraged now. I have completed the installation of new fuel injectors with the Toyota seals as well as the High Pressure Fuel Line. Everything else is stock. I put new gaskets on the manifold, throttle body and EGR pipe after cleaning them as best I could with carb cleaner and rags.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I do believe that there is a little too much play in my timing chain as I can move it around a good amount touching it after I remove the Oil Filler Cap, so not sure if that could be a cause for a timing issue creating the reason the vehicle will not turn over and run.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Chris, thanks for getting back to me. Now that I know your schedule I'll be looking for you at those times. We are still in need of assistance. Went through the car last night and replaced the gas with fresh gas by using the jumper in the relay to pump the fuel out. Also checked each wiring plug to ensure that there wasn't any bad connections or bent pins. All looks good. I'm currently charging the battery today as all of the attempts to start it have drained it completely. I'm hoping to get a good jump on it tonight and see if we can get it started. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.Ken

Have you confirmed what is missing by checking what is working? Like fuel pressure, ignition spark, compression, injector pulse, are any of these good or bad?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris