350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience
12772297

CAR STALLED OUT ON ME WHILE DRIVING. SAW FUEL COMING FROM

Customer Question

CAR STALLED OUT ON ME WHILE DRIVING. SAW FUEL COMING FROM UNDERNEATH THE CAR AND IT WILL START BUT STRONG SMELL OF FUEL AND SMOKES A LOT FROM EXHAUST
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: NOT REALLY ANY DIFFERENCE IN MILEAGE AND IT WILL START BUT RUNS TERRIBLE
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2006 RX8
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I CANT THINK OF ANYTHING
Category: Mazda
Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

If you have fuel running out under the car then this needs looking at right away as it could easily go from a leak to a major fire

I'd start by checking the connection to the fuel rail from the high pressure hose in the engine bay to start with and also check where the injectors plug into the rail

if you flick the ignition on but don't start the engine this should run the pump and generate pressure and you cna then look fro wetness

Expert:  350matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you