Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

On a 2008 Mazda 3, I accidentally pushed the red Panic

Customer Question

On a 2008 Mazda 3, I accidentally pushed the red Panic button on the remote(lock-unlock-panic type). Now the lights flash and horn blows as would be expected. But I cannot reset the panic button. I also cannot start the car. When I attempt to start it, the alarm goes off again. Any suggestions?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 months ago.

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Try using the key and lock and then unlock the driver side door and see if it shuts up :-)

Let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, that does not work. Alarm goes off when I try to start the car and the car will not start.

Leave the door open, Disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 seconds and reconnect it. Then try to start it. if same thing happens. try locking and unlocking the door again. These can be very very sensitive and frustrating.

How did that work?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did not work. I also replaced the key FOB battery. Getting dark here. Unless you have another plan, I will give up now and go to the dealership in the morning.

Thanks for replying.

That is about all that you will be able to do without a special scanner to get into that system to find the fault. I'm sure its not a big deal but will require that scan tool.

We tried everything possible and i hope you dont hold it against me for trying but it still doesnt work. Can you please rate my service so i can get credit for trying to help you.

Best wishes my friend!