Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Would u able to help me to program remote entry fods i

Customer Question

would u b able to help me to program remote entry fods i bought for my sons 01' mazda 626 lx? ive tried every way that you tube gots. everyway i read about on mazda blogs. im going crazy cuz nothing works. plz help
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Remove key from ignition.
Close all doors.
Open driver side door and leave open.
Perform the following steps within 24 seconds.
a. Insert key in ignition.
b. Turn key to ON and OFF.
c. Repeat step b two more times.
d. Remove key.
e. Push driver door frame button three times (black rubber button located on
driver door frame that tell the vehicle whether or not door is closed.)
5. Buzz sound, chime or doors will lock and unlock should be heard at this point
signaling that the vehicle is now in programming mode. If not, wait 40 seconds
and return to step 4.
6. All transmitters need to be programmed at this time, including the old ones.
Push any button on the transmitter two times. A buzz sound, chime or doors
locking and unlocking should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle
has accepted the new transmitter code. If there is only one transmitter, repeat
this step two more times using the only transmitter. If there are two transmitters,
repeat this step two more times using the second transmitter.
7. Push driver door frame button one time. Two buzz sounds, chimes or doors
locking and unlocking 2 times should be heard at this point signaling successful
programming.
This is the only way I show for the 2001 626. Well besides using a factory scanner.Let me know if this helps.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ive tried that 100 times. there has to a way with going to dealership

does it ever indicate that it is in programming mode?

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry been a busy weekend for me. Ok yes it does indicate that its program mode. But check this out. I started turn ignition off and 4times and door ajar button 3 times. And the locks open and closed once. And then a second time. And i tried differsnt methods and still nothing would it help if i gave u the vin number?
Do you remove the key after you turn the ignition off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i do.
Try unplugging the alternator and see how it runs

just curious what you decided to do?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry sir i havent tried yet. I live in palm springs ca. Todays temp was 110. N humid. Staying indoors in the ac is alot better working on a car mid afternoon. Trust me its hottttt!!! Mornings is best. Im gonna try it tomorrow morning.Let u know as soon ive done it... Thanks
It's no problem. I completely understand. I was just curious.
Just let me know.Thanks
Do you still need help with this problem? Please let me know.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny