Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Have a 2003 Mazda mpv code poo13 and poo37, plugs replaced,,

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Mazda mpv code poo13 and poo37, plugs replaced, , intake and valve cover gaskdet. Van starts runs rough and backfire in the intake. Help
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Just after vacuumed lines, spark plugs replaced had a leak from exhaust pipe tubing connects to throttle body to warm the air. Just srarted it didn't stall just a slight missing and perotic backfire
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Doing it for a friend it supposed to be spark plug replacement, simple oil change, because 3 spark plugs are near firewall intake manifold needed to be removed also #2 plug showed oil seapping gruman. Therefore valve cover gaskdet needed to be replaced
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When replace 3 plug near firewall there were no bolts to secure coil plug wires also the tubing from exhaust was never connected to throttle body
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What if your answer is incorrect or too late? Is the fee $5.00 or is a larger amount attached to the good faith fee? I'm the one who is doing the work on a Christian Pastors 2003 Mazda MPV I'm not used to this site I'm very leery using this means to get answers. I pray you are.honest
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, dont worry, this is not a ripoff sight and you will only be charged what you initially offered. first of all these problems all started after you did the above mentioned work, correct?

it honestly sounds like you forgot a connector or 2...double check all the connections on the engine. front,rear,sides.... triple check then

Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

any update?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Do you still need assistance with your MPV?