peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

The black wire at the main fuse block on the left side of

Customer Question

The black wire at the main fuse block on the left side of the engine gets extremely hot when the engine is running. The 80 amp fuse does not blow.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the condition of the wire itself for any damage or corrosion.If any damage or corrosion is found in some cases this can cause this type of fault here and the wire usually needs replaced.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked the black wire all the way to the fire wall and found no corrosion and the wire is in good condition so far. Where does the black wire go from there. The only black wire, under the dash is grounded to the left metal panel.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't understand why I am not getting any power to the instrument cluster. I have inspected all the wiring, under dash and see know burned or shorted wire, There are no blown fuses in the fuse block under the dash.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To add about the black wire at the main fuse block, in the engine compartment, the white wire on the other side of the 80 amp fuse does not get hot at all.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is this the only answer I get for $22? No one has responded to my other questions. Do I have to pay more to get another suggestion? I did not get a response from anyone today and I am rather upset about this. I really need help with more suggestions. Pete said respond to his suggestion so we could talk more about my problem. Please respond.

I apologize for the delay.

Is this black wire a main power feed wire into the fuse panel that you can tell?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah is appears to be a hot wire from the main fuse block in the engine compartment. I followed it all the way to the fire wall, but the wiring harness continues along the top of the transmission. I installed the cluster and the back lights were working, but the tachometer, oil pressure gauge was inop. I find no blown fuses anywhere is why this is so frustrating. It appears the white wire with a red stripe is the main power wire under the dash. I am an not sure where the main harness leads into the body of the vehicle. The black wire still gets hot when the ignition key is turned on to the run position and the engine not running. The engine runs good at a higher RPM, but shakes pretty badly at Idle. Thanks Pete, looking forward to your reply on this mess of a car.

O.k.,unfortunately my info isnt showing this wire myself but others here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like another technician look at my problem. Thank you Pete for trying to solve my question.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not received a message from another technician yet.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's been 24 hours and I have not been assigned a new technician. Can you please assign a new technician and have him or her respond back to me please. I would really like to getting this problem resolved as quickly as possible. Thank you.