peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Security light flashing red...can't start the car...battery

Customer Question

Security light flashing red...can't start the car...battery is,windows lights working Mazda CX-7 2011 4 cylinder
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Let me see.give me 1 second
JA: What year is your CX-7?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Security light is blinking when you try to start
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The mechanic told me the dealer have to reset the security or flash...
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the key not being recognized due to a faulty key or an issue with the immobilizer not reading the key needing replaced.In some cases all that is needed is a dealer to reprogram the computer to correct this here as well.I would check and see if a reprogram will correct this fault and if it will not then it will need further diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here as one of these components has failed needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete