peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2012 mazda 3 and when i turn off the car the

Customer Question

I have a 2012 mazda 3 and when i turn off the car the average fuel economy screen above the radio stays on and also the cigarette outlet near the bottom of the radio stays on when it never did that before
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything after market been installed before this occurred at all or anything else installed or repaired before this issue occurred here?

Let me know so we can continue from here.Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A sound system with subwoofers was installed before. But was taken out and everything was put back exactly the same as before

Did this issue only occur after the sound system was removed and right away after it was removed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It didnt occur when it was first taken out only about a week after

O.k.,I suspect that something wasnt wired in properly and caused this issue here.When an after market system is installed they have to cut into factory wiring or splice into it and then when it is removed it may not be wired back together correctly or with tight connections.If you can I would have all the wiring re checked where the after market system was wired in at for any issues needing corrected.

The audio fuse is also used to power up the driver information center which is what the fuel economy is displayed on.If this fuse has power at all times this will keep this powered up and indicates a short in the wiring due to the after market install that was done most likely.This is also tied into the cigar lighter socket.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete