Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

A 94 mazda b2300 w/ 5 speed manual; it is running and has

Customer Question

a 94 mazda b2300 w/ 5 speed manual; it is running rich and has loss of power ....the truck maxes out in the bottom of 4th gear. Rarely(about once a day for half-hour, when I have to run errands ....so when the truck is warm...it will start up just fine like nothing was even wrong and run just fine) that being said ; replaced on the truck has been 1st; the fuel filter, three Cadillac converters, o2 sensor, air controlled modulator, plugs-wires-& both distributors, fuel pressure regulator, all four injectors and basic maintenance
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have also tried running all the fuel out ,then filling the tank w/ 91octane- ethenol free& addingLucus fuel system cleaner and octane booster.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem..

this sounds as if you may jhave a bad ect[engine coolant temperature] sensor

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How does this effect the air and fuel systems?

the ect tells the computer if the engine is cold or hot..when cold the computer will inject way more fuel than it does when hot.[like a choke on a carb]when warm,the computer doesnt give nowhere as much fuel..it uses this ect to sense the temperature to determine how much fuel to give it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Those diagrams aren't even the same as my engine. As much as I'd like to have faith in this website, you are making it quote hard to. Especially, since your not helping me with my problem

ok

stand by,perhaps one of the other guys would be of better help to you.

pleasse stand by,someone will be right with you

thanks