Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2004 Tribute only goes out of park with manual override.

Customer Question

2004 Tribute only goes out of park with manual override. I've replaced brake lights, sockets, fuses.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: fluid fine. changed in Feb
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed fuses, new brake lamp electrical connestor, replaced bulbs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The brake lights do work?

Diagnosing this vehicles shift lock system will require a volt/ohm meter, do you have one and can you use it.

For now I am going to leave you and I with the diagram I will be using to help you diagnose this.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris