Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

1988 mazda 2.2l dx the engine start, and stall when it is

Customer Question

1988 mazda 2.2l dx the engine start, and stall when it is hot what seems to be the problem?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Clayso replied 3 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description I'd say the igniter is failing when it heats up. At the ignition coils negative terminal check the voltage when the vehicle stalls out, if there is 0 volts when the engine shuts off most likely the igniter has failed. The ignition igniter should be located on the side of the coil.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Mr Clayso I check the car engine compartment at the location you are referring to there is nothing like that there becaus of that I took some pictures if you don't mind I will like to send it to you this way you can show me which one is IGNITER.
I just ask you a question but I think I find the answer please correct me if I am wrong I think the ignitet is a module which is locating in the distributor if that is right I just replace a new distributor about a week a go because this prblem it work but the blower motor stop work l replace it and the resistor when I was running it that was the time the problem came again now the blower motor in not working I am not getting voltage into it too can you telle why?
Expert:  Clayso replied 3 months ago.

This is turning into kind of a duplicate question with another expert. I'm going to opt out on this question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I change the motor and the resistor i was testing it wth the engine rouning and the engine stall from there the brower motor stop worl I check the wires no voltage I check the coil wires no voltage the distributor was change 5 days a go I change main relay and fuel fuel pump relay it is still doing that why?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I ask you a question but I did not get reply why?