Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

2003 Mazda Protege5 Auto Wants to stall when put into drive

Customer Question

2003 Mazda Protege5 Auto
Wants to stall when put into drive when cold. Idles fine in park. Usually goes away after 5-10 minute warm-up. Engine light on/shows bad coolant temp sensor. Replaced 3 sensor times now, but cold idle in drive always an issue. (Bogs down, when placed into drive.)
Vehicle died on the highway recently and would not restart. Coolant temp sensor the only code that came up. That's the only issue it has had when warmed up. I find it hard to believe that the coolant temp sensor is going bad that often.
Any ideas as to where to look next?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can give me the actual fault code you are getting when the check engine light comes on and post back with it I will see if I can get the stalling problem and the code resolved for you. Post back when you can and we can work from there.