Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mazda Diagnostics
18617752

How do I access the BCM on my 2006 Mazda6 Sport Wagon?

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

The BCM is located on the left, driver's side of the cabin (just to the left of where the driver's left foot would be). To gain access, the trim panel and fuse box will first need to be removed. I've wrapped up a small PDF to show basic removal. Download the PDF file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/010hgcvl8jixjja/maz-bcm.pdf?dl=0

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

If there were any other questions you had on this, or need more detail, please feel free to ask!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need to know how to remove the trim panel and the fuse box so I can get access to the BCM. BTW, the illustration in the .pdf you sent is not legible.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay... Unfortunately, I cannot find a procedure to remove the fuse block. There should only be a few mounting screws. And for the trim panel, the repair manual only shows the passenger's side. The driver's side should be very similar. Again, my apologies. I thought the repair manual would be more in-depth. Download the trim panel procedure here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zb80rycdq137nd/maz-trim.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? I know the repair manual procedure wasn't the greatest here and curious to know if you got the job done ok? If there's anything else I can do, please ask! If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!