Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

Have a 1995 MPV four wheel drive. 212k. After busy day of

Customer Question

Have a 1995 MPV four wheel drive. 212k. After busy day of driving would not start. No sound. Jumped it. Clicking sound. Started. Would not keep charge. Nothing. Jumped again. Started. Time for alternator replacement?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing dose sound like your alternator may have failed. The place to start would be to have the battery charged and tested to be sure its okay and if it checks okay the have the charging system tested with the engine running. Normal voltage on a properly working alternator should be right at 14 volts. Check this for me and post back if you need more help and we can work from there.