peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Mazda protege 200 2002, My alarm keeps going off when I try

Customer Question

Mazda protege(###) ###-####
JA: What year is your Protege?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My alarm keeps going off when I try to turn on the car. I am somewhat stranded so yes, trying to fix myself. Haven't tried anything but waiting to turn car on and off to see if the alarm won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: However, the alarm keeps going off. The red dash light is flashing very fast.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: From the online forum si read, seems like this could be an issue w battery. No, nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

This may be due to a fault with a door latch sending an incorrect signal on if the door is locked or unlocked even though it is unlocked.I have seen the drivers door latch the most common needing replaced.Try locking and unlocking the doors and see if this corrects the fault.If it does not then you will need to have the latch signals checked/tested to see if the affected latch needs replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete