Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

I have a 89 Mazda b2600i 4×4 it runs good but has a bad rear

Customer Question

I have a 89 Mazda b2600i 4×4 it runs good but has a bad rear end and Trans .I just picked up another one same truck but has air and a new motor but it won't run .has no injector pulse. So I swapped the pcu.truck still ran swapped main relay.fuel pump realy.pause interrupt box.truck still ran .noticed that whoever put the intake to gather used the wrong bolts I went ahead and put the intire fuel injection system on the new truck .even the dist.mass.air flow the wiring harness from the pcu to the dist. Fuse box under hood.all the vacuum stitchs. And the dam thing won't run if I put a test lite on ground and probe the 2 green wires going to the fuel rale. The lite lites up and you can here the injector click.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My e mail is *************
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should the fuel rail be isolated from ground
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still no answer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do they mean by when say to check the ground with a sst?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't got any responses
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have power at the injectors then take a standard 12 volt test light and place the test end on the power side of the injector connector and the ground end on the other side and then crank the engine over. If you have injector pulse the light should flash. The ECM needs good powers and grounds and 5 volt reference and good tachometer signal for the ECM to pulse the injectors to ground. The negative side of the coil goes to the igniter inside the distributor to get pulsed to ground. The negative side of the coil also goes back through a 1000 ohm resistor inside the coil and then out the White wire to the ECM and to the tachometer on the dash.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It doesn't lite up lite .for some reason on the ignition switch wires they plug in to each other but the wire colors don't all match like the bk. With red stripe plugs into bk with yellow stripe and the bk with a white plugs into a bk with a red stripe but the other was the way and it ran
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

When you say it dose not light up are you saying you have no power to the injectors with the key on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is power to the injecters but when I put the test to both the wires and crank it over no it don't lite up when I ground one side of the test lite and touch the wires both the wires lute up the lite and on the green wire side when I touch it u can here another injector click
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

The injector are controlled by the ground switch signal from the ECM, if you have good spark the the ECM should see that signal and drive the injectors. Are you sure you do not have a bad ECM?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The other truck runs with both of the ecm,s I checked the injectors with a noid lite lite .didn't lite while cranking.u say the signal goes through the tach .this truck don't have a tach.I have swapped everything now the injecters the rail wiring harness from ecu that go's to engine compartment and still nothing.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Are you getting power to the injectors?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
both wires
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Okay then you loosing the ground switching signal from the ECM and if the ECM work in another truck then you are lacking something and I would suspect its a wiring concern.