Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I bought a replacement remote 04 mazda 3, I took it to the

Customer Question

I bought a replacement remote for my 04 mazda 3, I took it to the local key shop to preprogrammed and they're saying the ECU unit in the car isn't going into the programming mode, how do I verify this is true? And how do I fix it?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

To diagnose why a key less entry remote will not program you would need to follow the steps in this link.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do I need one of those code reader machines, Thanx for the quick response though

Step 5 does require a scan tool with programming capability.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where Can i find the keyless fuse?

All of the fuses in this file are related.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris