Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Have a 2008 mazda 3 that has security light flashing .I

Customer Question

Have a 2008 mazda 3 that has security light flashing for imobilizer.I recently have had battery disconnected for 1 week.I also replaced instrument cluster and then reinstalled original one.I have a no start no crank due to security light.I have codes p1260,u0155,b2477,b1601.Looks like transponder key not registering? Im thinking the battery disconnected may be problem as pcm lost something? Is there a reboot of somekind
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The cluster is important to the security system. You may have lost key memory. You could call a mobile locksmith to reprogram the keys. They should have the right software. You could also have it towed to the dealer.

You could try disconnecting both battery cables and holding them together for a few minutes. That should clear all the memory from all the systems.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan