peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

How to fix steering rack bushing bracket receiver bolt that

Customer Question

how to fix steering rack bushing bracket receiver bolt that is stripped on 1991 mazda Miata? Had to tap it out to begin with (rebuilding the suspension), but didn't help.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases when the bolt is stripped and cannot be removed and an EZ out didnt work to remove it you may have to drill it out to then replace it.If this is not what is occuring here or is not an option here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pete...answer did not arrive in time. As you noted, your knowledge of my particular model miata did not give you sufficient background to answer my question (as the nut that is stripped is welded into a pocket in the frame and cannot be replaced). I do appreciate your attempt though!! Please see that the charge for this answer is reversed or not assessed.