sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a brand new 2016 Mazda 3s Grand Touring. only 1,000

Customer Question

I have a brand new 2016 Mazda 3s Grand Touring. only 1,000 miles on it. tonight i went to try and use my car and no doors will unlock
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: I tried using the second fob/spare - didn't help
JA: What is the model of your '16 Mazda?
Customer: Grand TOuring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: s
JA: Huh?
Customer: um, what do you mean? I tried to two fobs, that's all I know what to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: and yes I live by myself only myself has tried to "fix it"
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: it's a brand new car.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If neither fob will unlock the doors then I would first suspect you have a dead battery. Depending on build date the car could be at least a year old at this point which would make the battery around a year and a half old. Sitting for an extended time on the lot is hard on a battery and it's very common to have to replace a battery in that situation.

The car is under warranty, the repair and tow to a dealer would be covered. If it's something you want to try to repair yourself or at least get it running to get to the dealer then the first thing I would recommend is trying a jump start.