rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 1997 mazda b2300 pickup 2.3L truck idles fine

Customer Question

I have a 1997 mazda b2300 pickup 2.3L truck idles fine starts with no problem. When I am driving on the highway the truck starts to miss and loses power. I can shut the vechile off start it up and it will start to run again. I checke the coil pack with nan ohm meter and I get a o reading. Any ideas
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

The coils pack and KNOCK sensor need to be tested with a lab scope.

Thanks, Ron