Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech

The window motors have failed on my 1989 Rx7 so they do not

Customer Question

The window motors have failed on my 1989 Rx7 so they do not roll down. Is it possible to put the top up on a convertible Rx7 without having the windows down?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Start first with making sure the power window fuse is not blown and you have power in and out of it. If the fuse checks okay then take your 12 volt test light or a volt meter and see if your getting power to the switch on the black /red power supply wire from the fuse. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. See the wiring diagram in the below for reference.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Really? It is not a fuse issue. I have the windows up and they need to be lowered to close the top. When i try it just beeps at me. The motors are out to be rebuilt. Is there any other way to put the top up with the windows up?
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately no there is not a way to put the top up with out having the windows down.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Interesting response, when the first time I ask the question you tell me to check the fuse. Now just a brief answer of it cannot be done. With no reason why. REALLY? I just wasted $27. Just answer I guess is what it really is. Just answer not help.
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Any money you have placed in your account remains in your account unless you rate the service which you have not so you have not been charged anything . I wanted you to check the fuse in order to determine why the windows where not working . You had not told me that you where having the motors rebuilt . Rather then argue with you for no reason. I will open the post back up and perhaps some else can help you. Best to you .