sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Airbag code set. This is our previous thread to a tech a

Customer Question

Airbag code set. This is our previous thread to a tech a couple weeks ago. We are having a new code after a part replacement. Here is the history on the old thread and the old and new code.Airbag light on. Pulling code B1877 Left Front Seatbelt Pretensioner circuit open 2007 |Mazda 3Please advise. ThanksHi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.
Has anything been checked/tested or replaced for this issue here at all?Was the vehicle in a collision at all?Let me know,thanks Petethe vehicle was in a colission, with no airbag deployment, and a few days after the crash the light came on.O.k.,this code sets here when there is a fault with the seat belt pretensioner itself or an issue with the connection to it.This is the drivers front seat belt retractor itself that usually fails needing replaced.If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
This would be a dealer only part,you want to make sure you disconnect the battery when it is replaced to prevent a voltage surge from setting off the new pretensioner.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.Thanks PeteAfter replacing the drivers belt pretensioner with a dealer part, we just replaced that part Pete informed us of and we got the part from the dealer we install that according to all data instructions reset the light in the airbag light comes back on immediately with this code now b1885 and before the replacement the code was b1877Please advise.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions for the code in a PDF file.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no thanks. dropbox is fine. thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** seems that you never did rate the other files that I gave you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I rate the question once I am finished with my problem and all work is complete at the end of the repair. Thanks
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can!

This code sets when the resistance of the left front pretensioner circuit is low. It may be an issue with the replacement pretensioner or the connector may not be fully engaged causing the shorting bar to contact both terminals and complete the circuit.

Are you able to monitor circuit resistance through your scan tool?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
still waiting

I'm not sure what you're waiting for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Waiting on the vehicle to be available to finish the diagnostic sorry for not clarifying. Please be patient if I need anything I will ask and thanks for your help so far soon as it's here we will hook up the scan tool and monitor the resistance

Not a problem.