Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Mazda 6 not turning over but cooling fan running constantly.

Customer Question

Mazda 6 not turning over but cooling fan running constantly. Battery is there a temp.senser that prevents starter from getting power?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an ASE master tech and can gladly help you with this.

There is no temp sensor that prevents it from starting. I have attached a wiring diagram of you starting circuit. You will need a test light and a multimeter to diagnose this. First step is checking voltage at the small wire that connects to the starter.

If you have power with the key in the start position then you have a bad starter solenoid, and the starter will need to be replaced.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please rate the answer, it would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan