Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My vallet key is missing and my Mazda Cx 9 will not start

Customer Question

My vallet key is missing and my Mazda Cx 9 will not start with the keyless dntry
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The light with key missing flashes
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2007 cx9
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the battery in the fob. It unlocks the car but does not let it start!!!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Is this a Mazda remote start system or aftermarket?

So you do not have any keys for this vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mazda remote start
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thanks, ***** ***** this and resolve this. We have to do that from keys, it can not be done through a remote start. Do you have the ability to have 2 new keys cut from the VIN# ***** have them programmed to the car? The remote start system is programmed to the vehicle as a 3rd key. Since the theft light is flashing that means it is now in theft mode and will not start till keys and the remote start are reprogrammed.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris