Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I have two errors appearing on my 99 miata. 1. P0304 - cycle

Customer Question

hi.. i have two errors appearing on my 99 miata.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 1. P0304 - cycle 4 misfire
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: and 2. P1135 powertrain
JA: What year is your Mazda?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: miata
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: trying to estimate how much the fix will be from a mechanic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok i filled out and paid the fee.. what can you tell me about both errors and an estimate for the fixes?
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

As you may know, a misfire can be caused by many different things. Spark plug, wire, coil, etc. and the P1135 code is most likely the front heated 02 sensor, (but could be the wiring) and the tests would have to be done to be sure.

Basic tune up with plugs and wires should run about $150 or so and the 02 sensor is around $125 after market. Factory price of $187 and the labor is 0.7 hours.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,