Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Ac is blowing hot air and it's going to be 93 degrees today

Customer Question

ac is blowing hot air and it's going to be 93 degrees today :-(
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: I was thinking I just need some freon. is that a simple process?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2007 mazda cx7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. and nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I cant say if low on freon or not but worth a try and you can do yourself, You get a recharge can of R134 freon from parts store, get one with the hose and guage on it, You locate the charge port in the large diamater line leaving the compressor., It may still have a blue cap on it, You start vehicle, turn ac on, hook hose to the fitting, pull trigger and watch guage till in green zone or says it is charged, pretty easy to do these days, the charge kit instructions will help you, i have a link here showing the line and you will see the fitting on it you hook can to,other than a recharge/ ? i am unsure as could be one of several things. Not being there makes it hard, I lean to low on freon, Most refill charge kits the freon contains leak stop if you should have a slow leak here are the links showing pictures