mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Question about my 2002 Protege, headlights issue. If my both

Customer Question

Hi Eric, Question about my 2002 Protege, headlights issue. If my both of my low beam lights are out at the same time, does that mean I got a fuse problem or do I need to replace both light bulbs. I never had both of them to go out at the same time like that. The high beams for both light bulbs work perfectly. Any suggestions on what to do
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to pull the schematics to see what is involved, but it is likely either a fuse, relay, or headlamp switch. Looking at the schematics, it is asking me for vin number as there is a difference on production date

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Vin # *****
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as my wiring schematic in my manual is woefully lacking in information

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** you tried replacing a bulb yet? it is uncommon yet possible for both low beams to go out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HI Mike, know I have not replaced both bulbs yet. I was waiting to see if it was a fuse issue. I will purchase two bulbs tomorrow.

it will either be a switch issue or the bulbs. do your high beams work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
both High Beams work just fine.

then i would say that you do not have a fuse issue. all the info i can see you only have a relay in the headlight circuit. which is normal most vehicles use the headlamp as a fuse. since there is not much difference between the two.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok Mike, tyvm

not a problem if you have a moment to leave me a rating i would appreciate it. i will be available tomorrow as well to further this conversation even after you rate me. have a good evening.