Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I hooked up the tickle charger wrong and out the 120amp

Customer Question

I hooked up the tickle charger wrong and burnt out the 120amp master fuse. Adickens of a job to replace it -now everything seems to be working -the starter turns over with the new battery connected but it won't start. Is there another fuse to the fuel system that maybe need replacing a resistor or someting
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Sounds like you may have hooked up the charger with reversed polarity. If the 120 amp fuse was blown,

You most likely have another blown fuse, I would check all the fuses. You can use a test light to quickly check fuses.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan