Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have a p0753 code...shift solenoid A electrical, yes i

Customer Question

i have a p0753 code...shift solenoid A electrical
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes i even replaced all the solenoids
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2006 mazda 3s sedan 2.3l 5 speed automatic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive drained and the tranny and replace the solenoids and filter so far
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope everything else has been good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: but that
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 4 months ago.

Hi there.

P0753 sets when the transmission control module (TCM) determines there is malfunction with the Shift Solenoid A circuit. It sets the code after it has detected voltage stuck at either 0 or B+ after engine starts.

This is mostly caused by a bad solenoid, but, since there is no fuse protecting the circuit, often times the failure of the solenoid can cause the driver in the TCM to fail as well, in which case it too would have to be replaced. This can be confirmed with a WDS or equivalent scan tool.

There is also a chance that the issue is being caused by an open or shorted circuit due to a bad connection or wiring, so that would be the first thing to check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
with the wireing would it be the harness that connects to the solenoids themselves

The wiring means the harness connecting the TCM to the solenoids.

The TCM activates the solenoids by providing a ground path; problem is, Mazda did not put fuses in those circuits, so if a solenoid goes bad and draws too much current, it burns the switching driver inside the TCM as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a part number and pictures and Web sites I can go to get the herness

Actually, I never had to replace a harness so I don't know of any source other than the dealer - most times we were able to repair the wires or, if called for, replace the TCM. Is your harness so bad that it can't be repaired?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Harness looks good from what I can tell
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your time

Thank you for visiting our site.

Best Regards.