Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My fob will not unlock my car this morning, No and about

Customer Question

My fob will not unlock my car this morning
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: No and about 36000
JA: What is the model of your '34000 Mazda?
Customer: Mazda 6sport
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My spare key and yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.What year is your Mazda 6? And do you have another key fob? If so would it work?
The first thing to do tho is inspect the battery in the fob. Most parts stores have a fob frequency detector to see if it's producing or if it needs fixed like a battery replacement.Let me know if this helps.
And I will continue to try to assist.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried the spare fob and that's not working. My car is a 2015 Mazda 6
Awe, so is your car running and starting with the key? If not you may have a dead battery in the car.
If it is running, and starting just the fobs don't work, then the computer may have lost the programming of the fobs. Which case Mazda will have to hookup with the factory computer and reprogram them.Let me know if it's starting and or running.Thanks
Sonny.
Do you still need help with this?
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny