EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership experienceASE Certified L1-L2
34559540

CX9 hesitating and jerking when accelerating usually under

Customer Question

CX9 hesitating and jerking when accelerating usually under 40 mph. No indicator light but a appears to be getting more frequent
Category: Mazda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 5 months ago.

Hi. It is definately easier to diagnose with a check engine light on, but it is not impossible. And there may be a code stored in memory which does not mean the light has to be on. More than likely you have an ignition misfire from a coil. How many miles are on the car? And when was the last time a tune-up was performed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you; bought it used about 10 months ago, about 90k miles. Oil changes every 3k miles but have not had a tune-up.

It may be worth replacing the spark plugs first. But then have the computer checked for any codes and possibly replace the coil or coils.

Thanks for viewing my response.Thanks for allowing me to assist you. Please ask if you have any further questions on this. And also rate my assistance provided please using the 5 star rating method. Thank you.