internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years of automotive experience and diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

Need help finding a 1991 Mazda Miata automatic transmission

Customer Question

Need help finding a 1991 Mazda Miata automatic transmission control unit. I have looked everywhere up under the dash and have found only the cruise control module and airbag module.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Matt.

The A/T Control Unit, located under the dash left of the steering column, is the control unit for various electrically operated functions of the N4A-HL automatic transmission.

Click the below link for picture.

Please rate me POSITIVE, Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have that whole area of the dash apart and I don't see it there. The only wiring harness that goes that direction goes to the cruise control switch and the instrument panel dimmer

I will opt out and another tech can help you. Do not rate me.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I found it! The issue was I remember reading an article about the unit and someone described it as a medium sized silver box, so that is what I was looking for. I decided later to search for a picture of it and I got something entirely different. Turns out it is a small black box. Looked up under the dash and hanging down in the middle of the loom was the unit, totally away from where it was supposed to be mounted as shown in the picture though. I appreciate your help!