Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I replaced the timing belt, the old belt was cracked,

Customer Question

I replaced the timing belt, the old belt was cracked, nothing moved ,all the marks line up but the car won't start. this is on a 1998 mazda 626 4 cyl.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any odd squeaking noises?
Customer: 165000 no, the car ran fine.
JA: What is the model of your '163000 Mazda?
Customer: mazda 626 with the 4cyl 2.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i want to fix myself. i have spark and fuel when i turn it over.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have good spark and proper fuel pressure then the next things to check is to verify you have injector pulse at the injectors. If that checks okay the the next steps would be to remove the spark plugs and run a compression test on all cylinders. Check theses things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to determine what is causing your no start issue.