Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Car steering will lock

Customer Question

Car steering will lock
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can't start car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any one can help
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Steering will lock
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I am here to help. Have you tried to rock the steering wheel back and forth and taking it out of park and returning it back to park making sure its all the way in park? I would actually put into nautral and move the car a few inches than back into park

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All car is lock
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did change new remote opener use all old inside and old key

The key will not turn? Sometimes the switch that tells it you can turn the key gets stuck. We need to try resetting the battery and see if we can get her to unlock. Remove both the positive and negative battery cables for 5 minutes touch them together before reconnecting. Try again and get back to me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did disconnect batery
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don't work
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

That was a very fast 5 minutes but if the reset did not work and you have tried everything I have suggested I am sorry but nothing else can be done. I wish I could get it working by pressing a button but that is impossible.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what I pay for
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No help
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did the way you told me

I am trying to help you but you stated you already have tried everything I asked. If the key will not even turn and you cannot forcefully turn the steering wheel its hard to diagnose. The steering wheel should turn a small amount with force one way or another you need to turn the wheel that small amount and than you will turn the key. If this does not work you possibly have a failure with the ignition lock cylinder.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Key turn show picture off car with lock on it and don't start

Is the battery fully charged? Is it possible it is low on power?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just check batery good

Okay you have already tried more than one key so that means bad news from me because my fix is not going to do anything to help you. Unless you have a factory handheld scan tool so we can reprogram the keys. I will opt out maybe somebody else has some tricks for you I sure hope so.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is this one time charge ???
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I wood like my many back I will go to Mazda tomorrow