Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

My 2012 cx9 key fob stopped opening and locking doors. :

Customer Question

hi My 2012 cx9 key fob stopped opening and locking doors.
JA: Have you ever had to reprogram your fob? How old is the battery?
Customer: battery changed and light on fob flashes red when buttons pressed
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: two unusual things occur, car chimes when opening door as if key was left in ignition or lights were left on even if key is out of ignition,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: when trying to press central door lock from driver of front passenger the doors lock and instantly unlock, i can lock using that button in car door if all doors are closed.
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also noticed the little red light comes on between the two dial flashes a symbol of a car and a lock
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have tried the turn key 3 times to on position then open close door 3 times, but can't get driver door open to centrally lock all doors which is first step.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mazda has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are having with the FOB that may be the cause of the problem you are having. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it. Have a look and see if this applies.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/FOB%20Jun%2015.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ron, thank you my husband took it to garage this morning - the repair you mentioned does not apply as light in led does come on. Thx
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Okay, glad to hear you getting it resolved and thank you as well.