internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years of automotive experience and diagnostic is my specialty.

2002 mazda tribute.just started to overheat,replaced the

Customer Question

2002 mazda tribute.just started to overheat,replaced the thermostat and still overheated,replaced the water pump,it was bad bearing went out. now it still over heats fans come on.someone told me it might be air pocket in system.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 98,000 miles 6 cyl. 3.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I am .have no water in oil or no smoke out exhaust. all hoses look good and have heat
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just got done replacing water going to go look for this air bleeder. the hose to thermostat gets hot but fells like no water going thru it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: think that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  internal88 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Matt.

You need to bleed the coolant system.

This is what you are going to do. First open up the radiator cap and make sure the coolant is to the max. Do not add water.

Add only 50/50 mixed coolant. Now turn up the heat to the max. Now wait for 10 minutes. While you are waiting make sure the coolant is at max and monitor the temp gauge is at normal. Wait until the fan is ON and all the bubbles are out of the radiator.

Then close the radiator cap. You are done.

Please rate me positive, thank you!