rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2007 Mazda CX-7 with 110000 miles. At 100000 I

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Mazda CX-7 with 110000 miles. At 100000 I replaced did full service and replaced all plugs. I have always put Lucas injector cleaner in my gas about every 10K miles. I am now have a huge problem with carbon build up and the check engine lite not going off. This has been going on for the past month. I have ran 3cans of Sea foam through the engine and thought the problem was fixed but over the weekend check engine light came back on and engine is idling rogh again. How can this be resolved. Do I need to have a valve cleaned replace an injector? Or is there some way to fix other than to replace the valve!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I would have to say that the fuel your using may not be good, but also check the complete PCV system too.

Thanks, Ron