David Gieswein
David Gieswein,
Experience:  Automotive technician at Doug Gray Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep
94072907

My passenger side air conditioner evaporator is leaking into

Customer Question

my passenger side air conditioner evaporator is leaking into the passenger floorboard. I have a 2007 CX7. what's the likely hood of the drain hose being plugged?
JA: How has your mileage been lately? How long have you had the leak?
Customer: What does mileage have to do with it? The leak started occurring Thursday and has continued up to today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am...
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. The gas mileage has never been all that great. 18-20 highway. 4 cylinder turbo charged, what else can you expect?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 8 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** you like some help?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have my passenger side air conditioner evaporator is leaking into the passenger floorboard. I have a 2007 CX7. what's the likely hood of the drain hose being plugged?

I would say that is the exact cause of your problem

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I meant to say hose instead of hood. When the air condition is running leaking starts on the passenger side in the front

I now what you are talking about. Would you like to repair it yourself? Its easy

I am not very familiar with mazda CX7, however, I am very familiar with how to fix the problem on other vehicles. You just have to remove the blower motor and then feel up inside the housing for the evaporator. Once you have found it you can determine how to wash it out. You see, the drain is located near the evaporator. So if you wash out the evaporator the water will push everything out of the drain plug that's stuck.

You will need your water hose and a 90 degree spray nozzle to perform this. The housing will start to get full of water and leak onto the floor making a big water mess. The 90 degree spray nozzle will allow you to shut off water quickly to prevent this. Once you have started washing the evaporator coil, check under the car to see if you have a good stream of water. This will verify that the drain as indeed opened back up. You should wash your evaporator once a year in dusty climates, when then airflow reduces, or when the drain doesn't drain.

I haven't heard anything from you, do you still need help? If not could you please rate me so I can close the ticket?