Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 mazda 6s with rod knocking. Was very low on oil. Will

Customer Question

2005 mazda 6s with rod knocking. Was very low on oil. Will run and Idle but as soon as you touch the throttle it knocks pretty hard. Assume there is a rod bearing out of it. Has 140000 mile on it. Looking to replace the engine and have seen some Japan take outs for sale with low mileage but not sure if there is a difference in the engines.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 140000 3.0
JA: What is the model of your '138000 Mazda?
Customer: 6s
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes would like to do it myself. pretty sure the top end of the motor has been starved for oil.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the people who are selling the japan take out engines say their engines will work with either auto trans or manual. I have a manual. they say they have the bolt pattern on the engine for both transmissions. I have also hear that this may be the same motor as the Ford 24 valve dohc?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Can you give me a link to the engine your wanting to install so I can check it out?

Yes normally these swaps will work just fine but I need to look it over to confirm.

Please let me know if you are pleased with my help. If your not, let me know prior to selecting a rating so I can help more.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/112023446659I hope this works thanks. Bill

Thanks, ***** ***** it over and comparing it sure looks like its a direct fit.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris