peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My car alarm keeps going off when I park and step away from

Customer Question

My car alarm keeps going off when I park and step away from the car
JA: A blaring car alarm can be frustrating and (for you and your neighbors.) How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 3,500
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I park the car. listen for the lock beep. it goes off. I walk away and the alarm goes off. I had to use my actual key to lock the door. Im worried its going to go off again. It did it 8 times in a row before i pulled out the key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no im hoping its a glitch. Its brand new
JA: OK! The Mazda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: no thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this can be due to a fault with a door latch sending a false signal that a door is opened when it is locked as this will set off the alarm like this here.Usually it is the drivers door latch itself as this is the door used the most.

Since this is a new model with low miles this should be covered under factory warranty at a dealer to be diagnosed and repaired at no charge to you and it would be best to have a dealer diagnose and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete