Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

2004 Mazda RX 8 A/C shows it has plenty of freon, but it

Customer Question

2004 Mazda RX 8 A/C shows it has plenty of freon, but it blows out hot air. It did at one time blow out cold air not real cold but cold. whats the problem
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: too my knowledge airflow is good, no have not checked the hoses. when I hooked up the gauge to the low port of the A/C it showed it was over charged but it did blow out cold air especially when accelerating. so I bled out some freon and the gauge went to where it indicated it was fully charged and now it blows out hot air. I checked the gauge on my other car to see if it was the gauge and it tested fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: this is my sons car and yes I hope too.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: I told what the problem is and so far everything else is good I replaced a starter and battery in the car about 3 weeks ago and its been great till summer heat came on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

What is the low side pressure at when the car is running/ac on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have a gauge that has numbers it just indicate either I need to add or there is enough or there is to much or its needs to be taken mazda dealer. I just bought one of those cans at a car parts place that included a color gauge indicator as I thought we just needed to add freon.
Well you may but the only real way to tell is with an actual gauge. A gauge will tell you whether or not the system is working at all also. Probably needs to be taken to a shop if you don't have one since the first step in diagnosing it is to evacuate and recharge the system to make sure that it is full so you can tell if there's another issue

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.