Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a problem with my CX7, : every morning when the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a problem with my CX7,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: every morning when the engine temrature is between cold and warm the engine surges, i cant accelerate, and somtimes the engine turnes off it self.
JA: Proper acceleration is so important to a safe drive. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 75,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want to know what it is, maybe its common problem with cx7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: Service engine light is on all the time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: anything else is ok
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need to get the year and engine size of your CX7

Is the check engine light on?

How does it idle when you first crank it up in the morning?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eric, its 2007, check engine light is on all the time.
When i start the engine in the morning everything is perfect, the problem starts after few minutes driving, when the engine temperature is in between cold and warm (90 degrees).
And it jerks for about 2 minute (sometimes even engine stops) and thats it, after that everything is perfect again until next morning.
Any idea?
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.

Possible causes are a faulty engine coolant temperature(ect) sensor, whose data is used to adjust fuel to air ratio when engine is cold, air intake or vacuum leak, or possible fuel leakdown in the fuel pump when setting for awhile.

We need the fault code stored in the computer which has tripped the check engine light. Unless you live in California, you can run it by any major parts store and they will do this for free. Once you get the code number, post it here and I can go from there

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank You Eric, let me check the code.
Ill be back with You.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good