rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My car loses RPM's intermediately and acts like it isn't

Customer Question

my car loses RPM's intermediately and acts like it isn't getting gas when it does this but then will run good for a long period of time. what could this be?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach
automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

2 things can cause this,one is the fuel pump stopping intermittently, or the CRANK sensor can be overheating and doing the same.

Thanks, Ron