peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.

1993 mx6. Fuel pump ,to relay is good,tank has gas. Pump run

Customer Question

1993 mx6. Fuel pump ,to relay is good,tank has gas. Pump run only when shorted the diagnostic pins. But when cranking fuel is not limited to the fuel rails. Any suggestion?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

In some cases this fault here can be due to a faulty engine computer not turning on the pump.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced.I would have the pump signals tested with a multi meter to help pinpoint the cause for sure here.If you have this tool to do this testing let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete