Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

My husband has a 2006 Mazda Tribute. When he goes to start

Customer Question

Hi. My husband has a 2006 Mazda Tribute. When he goes to start the car it makes a clicking sound.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The battery is new. When he turns over the key, the car does not start. It makes a fluttering clicking sound
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected the battery (the positive side) and is now waiting 2 minutes. He said all lights turn on, air conditioning, etc.
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 6 months ago.

is the click coming from the starter?