Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

I have a 2005 mazda 6i and while driving it loses power and

Customer Question

hi i have a 2005 mazda 6i and while driving it loses power and stalls. wait a couple of minutes and starts up again and a couple of miles later it does the same thing.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: the check engine light is on and it stalls while driving
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its a easy fix yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: welll geting bad fuel millage, but maybe thats realted to the problem going on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light on? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Does it ever flash? Do you know what diagnostic codes you are getting? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it never flashes, and this happened a few days ago for the first time, 3 times the same night, moved the car yesterday and havent had a problem, but im afraid that it will happen again and maybe when im far away the city
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like maybe a problem with the camshaft position sensor which can cause these symptoms. Lets start by checking diagnostic codes which you can have done at your local parts store for free. Let me know, thanks.