Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

1990 mazda airbag lite flashing : airbag warning light

Customer Question

1990 mazda airbag lite flashing
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mazda. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: airbag warning light flashing
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: told it needs a new computer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: no. its been flashing for years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

What kind of Mazda is it?

Does the light flash in any kind sequence?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a 1990 miata conv. 60.000 mi. one owner.Garaged. No it flashes constant. Alan
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Actually with a constant air bag light or flashing constant, if the connection is good at the SRS module it is internal of the module, (as previously diagnosed).

Are you trying to re-activate the air bag system?