Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Driving home on freeway had a pretty good buck, started

Customer Question

driving home on freeway had a pretty good buck, started losing power pulled over stuttering would not rev up engine light finally came on would stall but restart still stuttering engine light going on and off after a few mins or so would start to rev up and smooth out and I drove home rest of the way has code 340
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: car runs fine now wondering if there is a pattern failure or other common fault
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you with the code P0340 you are getting I am going to need to know what your working on please, need to know the year, make and model as well as engine size. Post back when you can with complete information and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ron,
2001 mazda miata
1.8 vvt
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Okay thank you for that, the code P0340 can be set due to the following, Camshaft Position (CMP) SensorCrankshaft Position (CKP) SensorTiming Belt AlignmentIn order to determine which , you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0340%20May%2020.pdf